Lip Blushing Aftercare
1. Avoid hot food / drink directly touching the lips. You can still eat/drink them, just don't let them directly touching the lip tissues. Heat will make pigment peel off quick. Use straws if you need to.
2. Be careful when you brush your teeth with toothpaste as well. Toothpaste has fluoride.
3. Apply the given ointment MULTIPLE times a day with new q-tips each time. DO NOT use your finger to prevent any bacteria that can lead to infection. When the ointment runs out, use Vaseline or Aquafor.
4. If you want to wear lipstick, ALWAYS remember to put a thin base of Vaseline. DO NOT let lipstick directly applied to new lip tissue.
Trust The Process
1. First 2-3 days, lips will feel very dry and tight.
2. 4th day: the lips will start to peel. This is when the chapped lips feel the strongest.
3. After crust has peeled off, the lips look VERY pale like there is no color left. This is completely normal, the color will reappear in the next few weeks.
4. Continue to use Vaseline 2-3 times/day for the next 7-8 weeks.
5. Final result cannot be judged before 2 months.
IF AT ANYTIME YOU FEEL TINGLING, BURING OR OVER SWELLING CONSULT
YOUR DOCTOR FOR AN ANTI-VIRAL MEDICATION. THIS IS A COLD SORE FORMING AND NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ASAP.
YOU CAN USE ABREVA OTC TO HELP WITH ANY DISCOMFORT.
* Should you experience abnormal pain or swelling please call us at
(417) 844-0018 OR your primary care physician.